1. How will my Recipients know that I created a time capsule with messages for them?
Think of the Electronic Time Capsule as you would the family photo album. You know where it is because it’s meaningful to you. And, as with any other time capsule, you’re primarily responsible for letting your Recipients know about the wonderful gift you’ve created for them.
Tell the Recipient about the website, his login and his password. If the Recipient is too young, let a close one know about the account to make sure the capsule and messages are delivered.
If the Recipient has an active e-mail and has updated his personal information, the system will automatically notify the Recipient of an unlocked capsule and messages.
Electronic Time Capsule is a secure and unique online service that brings the traditional time capsule concept to the Web. It allows you to share your feelings, thoughts and memories with the people you love and care about by composing messages for electronic delivery in the future. All messages – which may include text, video and voice files – will be released only at the time you designate.
Electronic Time Capsule is a unique way of sharing your life with those you love. Easy and convenient, too, it ensures that your feelings, life story and family history are documented and told in the future – at a time you designate – when you may or may not be able to tell your loved ones yourself. Efficient, personal and flexible, Electronic Time Capsule allows you to:
- say what you always wanted to say, but couldn’t
- say the things you always intended to say, but didn’t
- say what you’ve said before, one more time
- stay in touch
- have fun!
With this service, you can create new messages and access, modify or delete existing messages from anywhere in the world – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! All you need is Internet access. This means you can share your thoughts and feelings at the moment inspiration or memory strikes.
If you decide not to renew your account, you will not lose any messages in your electronic time capsule; however, your account will become inactive. Neither you nor your Writers or Recipient will be able to access the account until it is renewed. For everyone to regain access to the account, simply purchase a renewal subscription. Then you can continue creating messages right where you left off!
Primarily, I created this service for my children. I love to write to them, but I had some issues writing in a traditional paper journal. I couldn’t find an online service that filled my needs. My issues included:
- Ability to discuss mature topics – I didn’t feel comfortable writing about issues that were too complex for my young children to read or understand at the moment I created the journal entries. Also, I didn’t want to start sealing “Do Not Open Until…” envelopes; they can’t be easily reviewed and revised or they might get lost. The thought of post-dating messages intrigued me. And, because I’m human, I liked the idea that the messages I write would be released to my wife and children in the future – even if I pass away unexpectedly. Electronic Time Capsule is a great way to help